Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mind-control

I love dreaming. I look forward to that aspect of sleeping more than sleep itself.

I recently came across an article titled "Can You Control Your Dreams?"Included in the article is the discussion of this being possible, particularly if you're aware of dreaming while dreaming.

To my knowledge, the name for this is called Lucid Dreaming - which the author did knowledge.

I didn't really read the entire article, in all honesty. But I read to the point where it noted that using soundscapes can signal what kind of dream a person will have. Soundscapes are "themed ambient sounds," according to the article.

Whether help is needed to control dreams or not, I'm still trying to wrap my head around this idea.

I feel like to some extent, I can control my dreams myself. I just simply need to think of that person, place or thing before heading to sleep.

Simultaneously, the ability to do so isn't consistent. I'll have a stretch for weeks where I dream of whatever it is I want, and then have a drought... at least, recently I have.

Dreams are said to typically focus on what has happened to an individual throughout the day, or what's on their mind.

I'll have dreams that make no sense whatsoever, that doesn't seem to have any meaning at all.

In an article that I already have linked in another post, but I'll link again, Professor and Author Richard Wiseman says brain activity is at a minimum during deep sleeps.

When the brain is practically shut off, doesn't it sound like all hell can break loose within the subconscious? It's no holds barred, anything goes.

When you sleep, it's like you're under a spell.

Unless the frequency of being able to control one's dreams is verified, this idea seems easier said than done.

It's possible. But can I do this every night?

No comments:

Post a Comment